"Greenwood Grange offers the ideal holiday combination - premium quality accommodation, fine facilities all within a family-run friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and it has achieved a Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Award"
In many respects, Henchard is the jewel in the crown of the Greenwood Grange Cottages collection, that’s tailored to holidaymakers of all kinds. Take for instance the open-plan living/dining room. With its vaulted ceiling, chunky wooden beams, and luxurious furniture positioned around the brick inglenook fireplace, it’s clear that this social space was designed with a keen eye for style and comfort. From the patio outside, you can enjoy lush green views, work on your tan and lose yourself in a good book. And for the fair-skinned, an ice-cold cocktail under the parasol can be just the ticket. Tempting, is it not?
The whole property exudes a warm and welcoming air regardless of the time of year. Suited for all holidaymakers, this magical dwelling sleeps up to 12 people, and for those particularly large get-togethers with old friends, bookings with other properties in Greenwood Grange can be arranged. Children and adults alike are sure to be kept busy in the games room, on-site sauna, indoor pool and en-tous-cas tennis courts.
A saunter round the site where celebrated novelist Thomas Hardy spent most of his childhood is a must for literary enthusiasts, and when you feel like finding out what else Dorset has to offer, there’s a wealth of attractions nearby. To the north is the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, to the south are the Heritage Coasts West Dorset and Purbeck. There are a number of sleepy villages and bustling market towns nearby, and if it’s some Downton-esque romance you’re after, there’s the National Trust-owned stately home Forde Abbey and Gardens, Kingston Lacy and Brownsea Island is a haven for native wildlife. Head to Durdle Door to see one of the UK’s most iconic geological marvels.
Sample the good life at Henchard, your home from home in Dorset.
A very spacious ground floor property with its own large garden. Spacious beamed living/dining room with gas fire in ornamental fireplace, very high ceilings and Purbeck stone floor. Farmhouse-style kitchen. Two double bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle and toilet, one with en-suite shower room and toilet, each with TV. Double bedroom with TV and additional bunk beds (for +2). Twin bedroom (zip & link can be double bed on request) with additional bunk beds (for +2) and TV. Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet. Separate toilet.
- Underfloor heating (except kitchen and one double bedroom, which have central heating)
- Two cots
- Widescreen TV
- Double oven
- Additional freezer
- Additional fridge
- Large enclosed garden with patio and furniture
- Charcoal barbecue
- Ground floor facilities
- Combined heating, electric, leisure facilities, bed linen and towels included
- Travel cots and high chair by arrangement
- Two TVs - with Freeview (three TVs in DKG)
- Shared laundry room with freezer, washing machines and tumble dryers
- Garden furniture
- Ample parking
- Special welcome hampers by arrangement
- NB: Pond in grounds
SUPERB INDOOR POOL AND SAUNA COMPLEX
Sensitively created in old stone to blend with the cottages, Greenwood Grange’s magnificent pool is open daily all the year round. For the exclusive use of visitors, it is spectacularly designed in Roman style, with a mural depicting an emperor and his hand-maidens.
- Fine 32-ft x 18-ft indoor heated swimming pool with full changing facilities (please bring own towels)
- Shallow ‘D’ end for young children’s supervised paddling
- Sitting area overlooking pool
- Six-person sauna
EXTENSIVE INDOOR AND OUTDOOR FACILITIES
Indoor Amenities (Games room closed November to March, except Christmas and New Year):
Set next to the pool building and sympathetically designed in stone and brick, the purpose-built leisure building has Freeview TVs and offers plenty of things to do, whatever the season.
- Table tennis, table football, bar billiards and full-sized pool table
- Fenced ‘under fives’ play area with play slide, play train and tot rocker
- Peaceful grounds extending to 4 acres
- Children’s play area with swings
- Two en-tout-cas tennis courts (or please bring your own racquets)
- Croquet lawn (equipment foc, or please bring your own)
- Badminton lawn (equipment foc, or please bring your own)
- Dogs’ exercise paddock