Old Bridge Cottage lies on the banks of the River Avon in Hampshire at the edge of Ringwood, a beautiful old market town on the edge of the New Forest. The holiday cottage overlooks open water meadows to the rear yet is only a 2-minute walk to the centre of town with its range of shops, wonderful pubs and fine places to eat. The riverside garden has 100 feet of private river bank with fishing rights and views over the river to the nearby thatched pub, the Fish Inn. The house itself dates back several hundred years in parts but has been extended over the years. All can enjoy the large hot tub and sauna and the main garden has a lovely outdoor heated swimming pool and the Breeze house for al fresco dining. The lively coastal town of Bournemouth is 15 minutes’ drive, the ancient city of Salisbury 30 minutes’ drive and London 1-2 hours by car or coach. An ideal spot from which to explore the New Forest National Park with its varied wildlife, walks and cycle paths. Shops 200 yards.
Main house: Living room with open fire, surround sound and two French doors to small sun room/
main garden. Large dining hall with oak refectory table seating 12 and main staircase. Spacious well-equipped kitchen with further dining area, oak table, granite worktops, island unit and tiled floor. Beamed snug with gas ‘coal-effect’ fire, double sofa bed (for +2), audio system, window seat and second staircase. Utility/walk-in drying room with door to second garden. Separate toilet. First floor: Double bedroom with TV, DVD, fitted wardrobes, meadow view and en-suite bathroom with corner bath, quadrant shower unit and toilet. Double bedroom with river view. Two steps down to twin bedroom with river view and two steps up to en-suite shower room and toilet, shared with single bedroom with meadow view. Twin bedroom with river view. Bathroom with shower cubicle and toilet.
Studio in riverside garden: Step up to front decking area with patio doors to central room with TV, DVD, seating, dining area, double sofa bed (for +2 children). Open-plan kitchenette/double bedroom (for +2) with fitted units and wardrobes. Shower room with toilet overlooking garden with 6-seater hot tub, 6-seater sauna.
- Open fire - initial fuel inc, thereafter avail locally
- Gas ‘coal-effect’ fire inc
- Full gas CH, gas. elec, bed linen and towels inc
- 2 Z-beds avail (alternative sleeping only)
- 3 TVs
- 3 DVDs
- Elec ceramic hob
- Combi m/wave oven/grill
- American f/freezer
- ¼ acre of secluded, south-facing, lawned garden with patio, furniture, view over meadows and circular thatched Breeze house with large round table and benches seating 10
- Second enclosed garden (accessed via gate from main garden or utility)
- Riverside garden (accessed via gate from main garden or studio - (with fishing rights))
- Parking (4 cars)
- Outdoor heated swimming pool (30ft x 18ft, depth 4ft) heated Easter to mid Oct (other times by arr with owner at cost)
- 6-seater hot tub,
6-seater sauna (in studio)
- No smoking
- Friday to Friday
- NB: 2 steps in garden. Small pond. Small unfenced decking area which overhangs 100 feet of river bank.